Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Studying for exams

Hi,

Been hitting the books recently and therefore had little time for updates here. I am currently completing the IT studies at unisa. Throughout the year the assignemetns were going fairly well. For all except the project module that is. The project module requires the full development of a project using any development language. I chose Java thinking it is the internet languiage and would be easy.

Boy was I wrong on that one. I realsied that it is by far much more advanced and integrated nowadays with additional tools like grails, ruby, IDE's, etc, etc. Sadly I had to drop that module as I did not have enough time to complete the program development. A disadvantage for me is that I was attempting this alone as compared to having a group which made the worload 5 times more. The positive news is that I have increased my programming knowledge at least 10 fold and will probably have another go next year.

I already wrote the first paper which was Information and Technology Mangement INT4 and I though it was quite OK. I prepared well and feel good on that one.
However I still have 5 more to go which seems at this stage as mega stuff to go through.

Speak soon

No comments:

Post a Comment