Monday, April 23, 2012

The changing life of social apps

More and more IT departments are struggling to keep up with the new economic realities and fast changing technology environment. This changing environment  includes more mobility, social apps and cloud based services.
It is strange that we I had a meeting recently with someone from outside my company I was surprised to see that in front on him was my linkedin profile. Although uniquely resourceful it goes to show that this guy took the initiative to “google me”

Now the question is how far does one go with this. There are many stories of people using social apps for a range of things however from a business perspective – how much of the information can be trusted that resides on the social and cloud platforms.

I for one at this moment am not sure however I think that time will tell and we as consumers of this new technology will soon uncover whether it is good or not….


No comments:

Post a Comment